Hi everyone! With Halloween quickly approaching, this week I wanted to bring you a super fun and spooky halloween papercraft tutorial – a paper lantern! To create this lantern, we’re using a paper cut technique, but don’t let that intimidate you if you are new to paper cutting – this design is neither difficult nor time consuming to create!
Click the image below to watch the video tutorial:
These are the perfect diy decoration for a Halloween party or to light the way for trick or treaters! You could add a loop of ribbon to the top to create a handle, or to hang them from the ceiling.
- Card stock – you’ll need paper that has some thickness to it, but not so much that it will be difficult to cut through.
- Vellum, tracing paper or other thin paper for the “glass” of the lantern – it needs to be translucent, allowing light to shine through
- X-Acto knife or other craft knife
- Glue – I used hot glue to assemble the lantern, and this Tombow mono glue to attach the vellum/tracing paper
- Scoring tool (or an old pen that doesn’t write) I use this one from EK Tools
Click here to view & print the patterns:
By using these patterns, you agree to the terms outlined here
Let me know if you have any questions. I’d love to hear your thoughts 🙂
Wishing you a happy and safe Halloween!