Hi everyone! Hope your holiday season is off to a great start. This week I’m bringing you one of my favorite Christmas projects I’ve ever designed! It’s a Christmas Countdown Calendar / Advent Calendar that looks like an adorable miniature fireplace and mantle, complete with hanging miniature stockings!
This calendar uses blocks to count down the days, and has the capability to start the countdown as far back as 32 days before Christmas.
- Card stock (you’ll definitely want to use thicker, heavier paper for this project – thin paper won’t work right) You’ll need 4-5 colors of paper.
- Strong glue (I used both hot glue and Tombow mono liguid glue)
- Scoring tool or bone folder
- Letter & number stickers, or cut out ones with a die cutting machine (or you can just hand write everything – I used my Cricut machine to cut the letters and numbers out)
- Metal brads (optional – use them to hang the stockings from)
Click here to view & print the patterns:
By using these patterns, you agree to the terms outlined here
Block pattern (you’ll need to print two of these):
Fireplace patterns (use same color for both):
You’ll also need to cut a piece of card stock to the size of 5.5″ wide x 9″ tall.
You’ll need to put the following numbers on the blocks:
Block One: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Block Two: 0, 1, 2, 6, 7, 8
The 6 will need to be able to look like a 9 when flipped over.
Let me know if you have any questions, and I’d love to hear if you made it 🙂