How to Upload An EssyJae SVG with Dashed Cut Folds to Cricut Design Space
Table of Contents
Using Cricut's Desktop Design Space
Step 1 - Uploading
- Un-zip the folder you downloaded.
- In Cricut Design Space, open up a new project.
- In Design Space, click “Upload” on the left side of the screen.
- Follow the on screen prompts to choose the dashed SVG file and upload it.
Step 2 - Preparing the project for the machine
- If there’s more than one piece in the project, click on any piece on the canvas to ensure everything is selected, then click “UnGroup” on the upper right side of the screen. If there’s only one piece to cut, just skip this step.
- Take note of the pieces that have fold lines. Click on one of the pieces with fold lines, then click “Attach” at the bottom right of the screen.
- Repeat the previous step with each of the pieces that have fold lines.
Step 3 - Make it!
Click “Make It” to send the file to your machine to be cut.
Troubleshooting Common Issues
This is a common issue that simply means your fold lines still need to be attached. Please cancel the cut and go back to the canvas. Take note of the pieces with fold lines. Click and drag over one of the pieces with fold lines (doesn’t have to be over the whole thing; just a good portion of it). Now that the layers within the piece are selected, click Attach. Repeat with all pieces with fold lines.
Send the project to the machine and you should now see that the fold lines are staying with their cut layers!
Let’s get your questions answered! You can visit my Etsy shop to send a message, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the comments below to ask your question where others can see your question and my answer to it.