In this video tutorial, we’re creating a fun Advent calendar to countdown to Christmas with!
Here’s how it works: there are 25 cards (you can place a written message inside each one, such as a fun Christmas activity idea, bible verse, etc.). Each card has a number on one side, and a section of a picture on the other. Start with all the numbers showing, and starting on December 1st, turn over one card each day. By Christmas, the picture will be completely revealed!
For this project, I created a picture of a Christmas tree using paper, but you can also use a photo instead! Just go to a printing place and print a square picture that is sized 12″ x 12″. Then just follow the rest of the steps.
Feel free to comment if you have a question 🙂
In this week’s video tutorial, we’re creating a paper interlocking christmas tree gift box!
I’ve been seeing cool gift boxes with interlocking closures on Pinterest, and I came up the idea to make one with a Christmas tree!
Difficulty: Easy (but it takes a little practice to easily open and close the box)
Time needed: ~20 minutes
- Card stock or other paper with some thickness to it (you can make this with thinner paper, it just works much better with thicker paper)
- Some sort of scoring tool, I use this one
- Hot glue (I always prefer hot glue for these kind of things because it holds strong and fast, but feel free to try other types of glue)
Click here to view and print the patterns:
Christmas Tree Box 1/2
Christmas Tree Box 2/2
Have a cutting machine, such as a Cricut? SVG file for this project now available for purchase here!
Let me know if you have questions 🙂
In this week’s video tutorial, we’re making holly branches out of crepe paper!
These are a great Christmas craft, simple to make and especially good for those who haven’t ever worked with crepe paper before.
Time needed: ~30-45 minutes (and you’ll get faster as you make them)
- Green crepe paper, I used this one in Forest Green from Papermart.com. Super affordable!
- Red round beads, I used these are similar to the ones I used from Michaels
- Floral stem wire, I used this kind from JoAnn
- Wire cutters
- Hot glue